Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Best Friend Mads!

So Mya has a friend, Mads, who is just about a month older than her.  We spent our summer swimming in the little pool, big pool and going for walks and most recently we added hiking to the list of things we like to do together.  Mads loves to pull Mya's curls and Mya loves to give Mads kisses, they are too cute together!  The other big plus is that the mom's have become friends as well.  :)  It's kind of a funny story how we met... I decided to join a bunch of mom's on a walk when Mya was just about 2 months old.  Jayme, Mads' mom was on that walk.  I had just found out that I had to cut all soy and dairy out of my diet due to Mya having an intolerance for it.  (Apparently this is quite common!)  Anyway, Jayme had a similar experience with Mads, but it was due to soy.  During that walk her and I chatted about these experiences.  Jayme's experience was quite severe and Mads ended up back in the hospital due to it shorty after her birth.  Mya had some blood in her poop, very scary for new parents and we ended up going to Children's hospital for a few visits, where they told me to cut out all dairy and soy.  Short story long, a few months later I received a random email from someone named Jayme asking if I was the same Jenn with the soy/dairy issue, and if so how was it going and did I want to get together some time.  I replied, "Yes, that's me," I said and we have been hanging out ever since. Won't it be neat for Mya and Mads to know they have known each other since they were about 4/5 months old??

I am attaching some pictures of them in the little pool, which was so nice to have this summer.  They both seemed to like it even when the water seemed WAY too cold!


 
One more tid bid, Mads is pretty stingy with her smiles for strangers, or I should say used to be, I now get them from her all the time, Paul is still working on it!  She tends to look at him and give him a very serious look, like don't mess with me buddy! Of course her dad, David loves the fact that she tends not to smile at men!  Mya on the other hand loves to smile at everybody, uh oh daddy...

 


2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you guys are doing this! Mad and Mya will love to see stories of them when they get a bit older. My oldest friend and I have known one another since my birth and well, when we were about 8 the only stories we wanted to hear were our own. I can only hope that this same wonderful thing happens for these two beautiful princesses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mads is lucky to have a friend as good as Mya; who else would let her pull her curls like that?
    Thanks for including us in your blog!

    ReplyDelete