Tuesday, October 6, 2009

July 2009 Trip to Kentucky

So this past July we made a visit to Kentucky to visit Mya's Great Grandmother, Ruth Easley.  It was our first trip back to Kentucky since my father died and my first trip to Kentucky ever without him.  It was a really hard trip for me, but also wonderful to introduce Mya to the Easley side of the family. Usually, when we go to Kentucky we eat a lot of yummy food.  Unfortunately due to my dairy and soy free diet, I was very limited in what I could eat.  Paul on the other hand ate his share and my share as well.  :)
Mya did great overall.  The first flight out was a little rough... We ended up being that couple with the screaming baby who everyone is wishing they weren't sitting next to. Before we got on the plane she was happy as can be.  As soon as we took off that all changed. She only screamed for the ascent, about 25 minutes strait, but it seemed like two hours to Paul and I. (The people around us were great, very empathetic.  The guy behind us told us not to worry b/c he just popped some Valium or something like that!) After that first flight she was fine for the second one and for the two we took home, whew.

We visited with my Grandmother every day at least twice, we wanted to spend as much time as we could with her.  Mya and her had a blast and I think this visit made her entire year.  She was so happy to meet Mya and spend time with her.  My dad's cousin, Tommy, had fun taking Mya around to check for beetles in the trees.  We also got to spend time with Peggy(Tommy's wife), Carla Jane and Lynn Kay, my dad's cousins, and Maxine another Easley cousin I think...and Deanna Talley, Mya's 3rd cousin once removed??!! 





                                            Mya and Tommy.

Looking for Beetles.






        Mya, Granny and me!













Mya, Granny and Daddy!



This is my FAVORITE picture.


Generation of hands.

Mya and Martha, who is an amazing woman who always looks out for Granny.
Leaving Kentucky was bittersweet, it was so nice to see everyone and introduce Mya to our family there, but it was also sad to be there without my father.  We brought Mya to his grave and the three of us sat and talked to him.  I know he would have loved to be there with us showing off his amazing grandaughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment