Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Beginning





Mya's middle name came from my father, Walter Harold Easley.  You see Mya's adventure started even before she was born.  I found out my father had cancer and then three days later I found out I was pregnant.  From that point on our lives were filled with the ups and downs of going through two very opposite events. We did not find out what we were having so she was Baby T throughout my pregnancy.  We  spent many days flying across the country to spend time with her granddad.  He was so excited about her upcoming birth and thankfully, he was able to feel her kick and roll many times.  He loved her so much and could not wait to meet her.  His one goal was to make it to hold his grandchild. He put up a brave, fierce fight right up until the end.   Unfortunately, he passed away one month and three days before she was born.  We were right there beside him when he died. One of his last lucid moments, which will stay in my memory forever, was him smiling from ear to ear rubbing my belly.   Mya now has the best guardian angel ever looking over her.  It has been very sad, wanting to share this wonderful expereince with him.  My father and I were very close and he would have loved to be a part of her life.  He always said that he hoped I had a girl because he wouldn't have known what to do with a boy since I am his only child. Well, he got his wish, I only wish he were here to meet her himself.  Mya does have some significant Easley traits.  Her eyes are lighter, a blue, grey, hazel mix, like her great grandmother, Ruth Easley.  Her hair is curly, just like my father's and when we looked at some of his baby pictures the hair is identical.  
There is a close up picture of my father all dressed in his Navy Uniform near the rocking chair that I sit in with her frequently.  There are many times that she laughs, smiles, and "talks" to him.  I know that he is always with us and we will ensure that she knows all about him.  We love and miss you very much dad.

She is lucky to have both her Grandmas, Paula Charles and Diana Tagley, and her Poppy, Peter Tagley, to dote on her, which they do all the time.
This picture was taken just a few weeks before Mya was born.  Boy was my belly big.  :)
I will be adding posts that will include pictures of her in my belly up until now, as I am also using this as her "Baby book." 






No comments:

Post a Comment